Thursday 15 November 2007

Downloads Killed The Retro* - END OF AN AES....

Yes it's sad but true, we all knew it would happen one day and as much as we all may dislike it, I'm sure somewhere deep down inside in the smallest of ways... We all at some point in our lives, we wanted it to happen!

I remember when MAME was popular... I truly hated this with a passion as it made a lot of titles available without giving anything back to the gaming community. In fact for me it took the soul from both PCB & general console gaming, and tore it to shreds.

Today we have the NEO-GEO & other system's classic title's legally download-able for all, on the Wii and the XBOX 360 at a very reasonable price!?
To add to this you can also get some of the Neo-Geo fixes on the PS2, Wii, PSP, Wii, 360, and original XBOX (however these are mainly 2D fighters or the Metal Slug series). Could this be the real end of the NEO-GEO / MVS & Retro market?

I sold my AES & NGCD a few years ago, which I regretted at the time, but I kept my MVS setup. Whilst it may have not be as sexy as the home system, it still plays the games and kept my Neo feed going which was all that I needed...

I have to say I'm actually looking forward to seeing what download-able Wii titles will be on offer in the future? Especially at the current moment this platform has the most diverse & exciting range of down loadable titles ATM. Raguy or Magician Lord for example, which within there own realm were classic games, especially for a system that thrived on fighters & the Metal Slug series to maintain it's presence within the gaming market?

The recent release of KOF 94, was fantastic for me as I can see the rest of them popping out in the future!

Just got see those superb Neo shooters coming over and I will be oh so very happy!

Viewpoint FTW please!

No comments: